Soup Ottawa is Coming to MSN!
We’re honoured to have been selected as a venue for the 20th edition of Soup Ottawa, which will take place in the warehouse on March 26th, 2020 from 6:30-8pm (doors open at 6pm)!
What the heck is Soup Ottawa?
Soup Ottawa is a recurring participatory micro-grant event to support creative ideas that benefit the Ottawa community. The event is open to the public to support and be inspired by these incredible ideas. Attendees enjoy delicious eats (soup and bread) courtesy of iconic Ottawa veggie joint Pure Kitchen.
How it Works
- A $10 cash entrance fee gets you soup and a vote.
- 5 great presenters showcase their projects that benefit the community.
- Attendees spend the evening hearing about a series of project proposals and conversing with the people behind each idea.
- The group votes to grant 100% of the proceeds to the most inspiring project!
- Clothe Me in Dignity: Providing donated clothing to victims of sexual assault
- Community Doula Access Pilot Project: Professional postpartum doula care for lower-income families in Ottawa
- Win-Win Homesharing: Service that matches college students looking for rentals with a senior citizen who wants companionship and help around the house
- The Box Of Life: Social enterprise empowering communities to build healthy soil by eliminating food waste
- Babies Who Volunteer: Volunteer program where babies visit local long term care homes, retirement residence and day programs with other parents to make a seniors day
Let’s support some of the most inspiring and amazing community projects aimed at making Ottawa a better place to live!